Bahn Mi is the quintessential Vietnamese sandwich/street food. Served on delicious and crusty french bread it’s usually full of meat. I’ve created a delicious vegetarian version (vegan if you choose vegan mayo).
It’s quite easy to make and all the ingredients can be found at any local market.
Ingredients (For 3 sandwiches)
4 Chopped garlic cloves
1 Sliced onion
1 cup sliced oyster and king mushrooms
1 Sliced red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
3 French bread baguettes
6 Lettuce leaves
1. Saute garlic and onions in coconut oil.
2. Add mushrooms and red bell pepper.
3. Cook until tender but not mushy.
4. Add soy sauce, pho sauce and sugar to taste.
5. Toast the French bread.
6. Spread the bread with mayo to taste.
7. Top with cooked veggies.
8. The top the sandwich with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
One thought on “Cooking with BOLT: Vegetarian Bahn Mi”
Love the addition of the video!