One thing I love about RV life is lots of time for cooking. I didn’t cook much in Thailand because, well, Thai food!
Anyway we cook a lot while road tripping. The kitchen in Winnie is small but it has everything I need. From time to time I thought I’d start sharing some of my recipes with you.
It’s cold here and so I thought today was the perfect day for my Lentil Chilli. Here’s what you need and what to do:
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 1 pasilla chilli
- 2 zucchini or chayote squash
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- Olive oil for sauteing
- pound bag any color lentils
- Chilli seasoning (garlic powder, cumin, chilli powder, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper)
- Grated jack or cheddar cheese
Cut all veggies into chunks and saute in the olive oil until tender.
Add lentils and cover with water.
Cook on medium heat until lentils are tender (about 2 hours).
Add seasonings to taste.
Serve topped with grated cheese and Fritos.
Perfect for a chilly day in Baja California! Healthy and vegetarian too!