Water is my happy place and because of me, we choose to live in smaller apartments that have pools. I came to accept this about myself after our first 6 months here in Merida. We had a lovely 2 bedroom home but no pool. I became a “pool beggar”, visiting friends with pools frequently. Now we are in a much smaller place and I love my daily time in the pool.
There are so many benefits to swimming and exercising in the water. Including:
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles.
- Working out in water helps build strength.
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body.
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion.
- It keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body.
- It builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- It helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs.
- It tones muscles and builds strength.
- It provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
- Swimming or water exercise are relaxing and peaceful, alleviating stress
improving coordination, balance and posture,
improving flexibility, and
providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions.
- Especially here in very hot Merida having time in the water provids a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day.
For more information about the value of water exercise visit https://pin.it/5bVVSOE
I’d love to hear about your “must haves” in finding the home that is right for you. Please feel free to share in the comments section. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com